- J&J Vaccine Update: CDC and FDA Recommend Use of J&J’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine Resume April 24, 2021Continue Reading
On April 23rd, the pause on using J&J’s COVID-19 vaccine in the U.S. was lifted. Visit the CDC website to see the CDC/FDA official statement. For more information, download ...
- 4.13.21 J&J Vaccine Update April 13, 2021Continue Reading
As news regarding the J&J vaccine has changed significantly since our COVID-19 Vaccine Update posted on 3.24.21, we offer the following link to today’s Joint CDC and FDA Statement ...
- COVID-19 Vaccine Update March 24, 2021Continue Reading
Experts Weigh In With Reassuring Outlook
The COVID-19 vaccine rollout is in full swing around the country but many questions remain. We reveal the latest answers (as of February 2021) from nationally recognized ...
- A Guide to the Power Players in Pain Relief March 24, 2021Continue Reading
Which Pain Relievers Work Best?
When you reach for a pain reliever, what are you most likely to find in your medicine cabinet? And does it matter? While aspirin, Tylenol and ...
- Cooking without Sodium or Sugar March 24, 2021Continue Reading
Executive Chef Stan Hodes Shares Secrets of the Spice Rack
The benefits ...
- Covid-19 Update: Testing, Monitoring, and Vitamins/Medications January 11, 2021Continue Reading
For patients with symptoms, the sensitivity of both PCR and antigen tests is improved.
PCR is the most sensitive test but has a long turnaround; antigen testing costs money.
- QUEST: turnaround time 3 to 4 days
- LA Curative site: turnaround time 2 days
- Private sites can cost over $100
- Antigen testing: done in our office
- 89% ...
- Five Intriguing Insights about COVID-19 Vaccines January 11, 2021Continue Reading
At a recent Clinical Conference hosted by Specialdocs, virology expert Michael Kinch, PhD, director of Washington University’s Centers for Research Innovation in Biotechnology and Drug Discovery and author of Between Hope and Fear: A History of Vaccines and Human Immunity, discussed the newly approved COVID-19 vaccines. Hailing the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines as incredible ...
- New Year’s Resolutions Are So 2020! January 1, 2021Continue Reading
What are your 2021 Anti-Resolutions?
Year after year, the pattern rarely varies. Resolutions made, promptly followed by resolutions broken. The odds of sticking to New Year’s resolutions are, in fact, completely stacked against ...
- Pandemic Stress Likely Compounded by Seasonal Affective Disorder January 1, 2021Continue Reading
Experts Expect Record Numbers of Seasonal Affective Disorder Diagnoses in 2021
As we continue to weather the storm of COVID-19, seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is also ...
- Start 2021 off Right by Sticking to your Winter Exercise Plan January 1, 2021Continue Reading
A Winter Workout Routine Will Prepare You For Life After COVID
Exercise will reduce pain, improve function and mobility, lower blood pressure and blood sugar, decrease risk of chronic illness and ...