- Gut Instincts: Can More Bacteria Mean Better Health? March 14, 2017
Healthy bacteria may seem like a contradiction in terms, but years of research and real world experience point toward an unexpectedly promising finding: the microorganisms continually forming in your intestine may confer health benefits that we are only just beginning to understand.
Here is ... Continue Reading
- Try a New Approach to Food in the New Year: Stop Dieting and Focus on Mindful Eating March 13, 2017
The dieting-overeating-weight regain cycle is almost inevitable, not because people fail diets but because diets fail people. It is important to understand that rebound overeating happens to almost everybody, and should not be viewed as an individual weakness or fault. The main reason ... Continue Reading
- Summer/Fall 2016 Newsletter September 13, 2016
The Summer/Fall 2016 newsletter features articles on opioids, blood pressure and sodium reduction.Continue Reading
- The Zika Virus: Prevention is the First Line of Defense August 22, 2016
As the Zika virus continues to make headlines daily, it is essential to know who is at risk, how it is transmitted and most importantly, to understand strategies for prevention. Following are the latest findings on Zika, according to experts at the ... Continue Reading
- Winter 2016 Newsletter February 10, 2016
The Winter 2016 newsletter features articles on calcium, the senses of taste and smell, and healthy eating guidelines depicted with MyPlate.Continue Reading
- Get your flu shot…Not the flu September 30, 2015 Continue Reading
- Summer 2015 Newsletter September 3, 2015
Enjoy your summer 2015 patient Healthwise newsletter, featuring the following articles:Continue Reading
Eyes Wide Shut: Why 8 Hours Sleep in a Prescription for Better Health, Saving Lives…Stroke Prevention & Awareness and the Nutrition Corner.