All Medical Test News
- Covid-19 Update: Testing, Monitoring, and Vitamins/Medications January 11, 2021Continue Reading
For patients with symptoms, the sensitivity of both PCR and antigen tests is improved.
PCR is the most sensitive test but has a long turnaround; antigen testing costs money.
- QUEST: turnaround time 3 to 4 days
- LA Curative site: turnaround time 2 days
- Private sites can cost over $100
- Antigen testing: done in our office
- 89% ...
- Coronavirus Vaccine: Expert Says, ‘We Need Time to Get This Right’ July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Expert Calls for Slow & Steady Approach in Vaccine Development
While the race to develop a coronavirus vaccine may seem as if it’s being run in slow motion, with most experts predicting ...
- Fighting the Colonoscopy Fear Factor June 1, 2020Continue Reading
Colorectal Cancer awareness could save your life.
As one of the country’s most preventable illnesses, with a readily available test that is both diagnostic and therapeutic, why does colorectal cancer (CRC) stubbornly remain ...
- 20,000 and You: Unlocking the Genetic Code January 9, 2018Continue Reading
In just the past few years, there has been a significant shift in the practical uses of genetic testing, which examines changes, or variants, in your genes that may lead to illness or disease. ...
- Unlocking the Genetic Code: Spotlighting Pharmacogenomics November 20, 2017Continue Reading
This is the first in a series exploring some of the most promising advances inspired by the Human Genome project. From the burgeoning field of pharmacogenomics to consumer genetic ...
- Hepatitis C Testing Recommended for All Baby Boomers November 20, 2017Continue Reading
It’s called ‘the forgotten virus,’ but after a sustained advertising campaign and years of strong recommendations for testing by the Centers for Disease Control it’s almost certain that the liver-damaging Hepatitis C will be remembered…and for good reason. All people born between ...
- The Zika Virus: Prevention is the First Line of Defense August 22, 2016Continue Reading
As the Zika virus continues to make headlines daily, it is essential to know who is at risk, how it is transmitted and most importantly, to understand strategies for prevention. Following are the latest findings on Zika, according to experts at ...