All News & Events
- Covid Second Booster Update 3.29.22 April 5, 2022Continue Reading
On March 29th, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommended a second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for people over 50 and certain immunocompromised individuals. According to the FDA, emerging evidence suggests that a second booster dose of ...
- COVID-19 Vaccine Update December 23, 2020Continue Reading
A message from Monica Sarang, MD:
I realize the flood of information regarding approval of COVID-19 vaccines is both hopeful and overwhelming. Below you’ll find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we’re hearing from patients regarding safety, efficacy and distribution of the recently approved Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines. Please keep in mind ...
- A Shot of Hope December 21, 2020A Shot of HopeContinue Reading
- The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-Neutral September 26, 2019Continue Reading
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass half full or half empty when considering the ...
- Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? September 26, 2019Continue Reading
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are born to be joyful and others to play the role of ...
- Safe Passage: Navigating Your Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback September 26, 2019Continue Reading
If you are not taking your prescription medications as directed (or at all), you’re far from alone: Compliance is estimated at just 50% among U.S. patients. Unfortunately, adherence is a direct impact on quality and length of life, and overall healthcare costs, accounting for up ...
- In the News: Dr. Sarang featured in new podcast “Women in Concierge Medicine” August 15, 2018In the News: Dr. Sarang featured in new podcast “Women in Concierge Medicine”Continue Reading
- Health News for the Well-Read Patient: Issue 1 2018 June 7, 2018Continue Reading
In this issue, we explore the newly revised blood pressure guide-lines, and why diet and lifestyle modifications will assume even more importance in managing hypertension. We also address the reasons behind the rise in generic drug prescriptions, and why you need not be concerned about using them instead of a more familiar brand-name version. Finally, ...
- Summer/Fall 2016 Newsletter September 13, 2016Continue Reading
The Summer/Fall 2016 newsletter features articles on opioids, blood pressure and sodium reduction.
- Winter 2016 Newsletter February 10, 2016Continue Reading
The Winter 2016 newsletter features articles on calcium, the senses of taste and smell, and healthy eating guidelines depicted with MyPlate.